The Belltable Arts Centre was originally built in 1825 as a privately-owned Georgian townhouse in Limerick city. In 1890, the owner of the house noticed that his daughter had an aptitude for singing but did not have a suitable venue to perform in. Therefore he decided to build a theatre for her, adapting the courtyard stables behind the house by extending the walls upwards and roofing the stage area. The theatre was a success and evolved gradually over the years with a stone facade added to the front of the building in 1900 and various other upgrades being implemented throughout the 20th century.
ACP was commissioned by the Belltable Arts Centre to advise on the refurbishment of the building, allowing it to be used to its full potential while simultaneously conserving its historical significance.